Saturday, May 5, 2012

Albums I fall asleep to.

I haven't used this blog in forever, and that will change in the near future. My life has been busy lately, but my music collection is growing and changing and I should document that.

I used to have an episode of Friends or I Love Lucy on when I'd close my eyes at night and try to fall asleep. Listening to voices seemed to help. But I realized relaxing music would probably be a smarter choice. I've been having trouble sleeping for about a month now, and for the last solid week I have had music playing - usually just an album's worth - over my Spotify app as I try to fall asleep. I thought I would compile my list here and add on as I discover more. I hope to have a different album about every two weeks so I don't get bored.

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static
Jack Johnson - On And On
Jack Johnson - Inaudible Melodies


Yeah. Jack is great. Any of his albums are relaxing and work nicely.

Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Iron & Wine - Around The Well


I assume the rest of their discography would work as well, these are just the two I've tried so far.

Moby - Hotel

I'm going to explore his other albums to see if they are as soft; I'm not familiar with him but this album came up on someone's "top 5 albums to sleep to" that I found.

It's 8am and I had a horrendous night's sleep last night again; will put on one of Jack's albums and hope I can relax for awhile. It is Saturday, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment