Thursday, May 17, 2012

First Listen: Stephen Kellogg And The Sixers - Gift Horse

Artist: Stephen Kellogg And The Sixers
Album: Gift Horse
Genre: Singer-Songwriter / Indie
Will I Keep?: Oh my gosh, yes. I was fooling around on Spotify (my favorite program ever) and was clicking on "similar artists" to add some new faces and names to my Spotify collection. When I came upon this band, I wanted to listen to their entire album Gift Horse instead of moving on to find another artist to discover. I love his voice, I love the lyrics, I love the music. I can see myself listening to a LOT more of this album and the rest of their discography. My only pet peeve is Spotify has them listed AS Stephen Kellogg AND The Sixers, which is clearly their name, but last.fm has them as Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers, so every song I play by them has that annoying green asterisk next to it because they think I'm spelling their name wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment