Friday, August 5, 2011

15 Song Shuffle

Today's theme: Nostalgia/Pop Punk

The Audition - Honest Mistake: I don't know about this album. I like their first two but I think after that they went downhill. 4/10

Yellowcard - Lights And Sounds: Love it. A LOT. This song never gets old. 9.5/10

Angels & Airwaves - A Little's Enough: I adore the lyrics of this song. "God himself is coming home to say I can do anything if you want me here. I can fix anything if you'll let me near." 9/10

Cartel - Luckie St.: Ahh, the good pop punk of the "old days". I used to listen to this album all of the time, and this coming up made me decide to spin more Cartel later. 9/10

blink-182 - Depends: Terrible blink song.. but it does make me laugh. 6/10

Jimmy Eat World - Carry You: This is on a great album I don't listen to enough. 8/10

The Used - Greener With The Scenery: I just recently put their discography back in my iTunes. Unsure if they'll stay.. I used to listen to them all of the time. This song was never one of my favorites. 7/10

The Wonder Years - What If We [Swam] Into Nothing?: One of the only newer pop punk bands I've discovered that I like. This song seems off to me for some reason. Can't really explain it. 6.5/10

The Used - The Ripper: I remember really digging this song. As of right now, I'm digging the riffs. 8.5/10

blink-182 - Touchdown Boy: Why are the blink songs that come up both from Cheshire Cat? Fail. This song is better though. 7.5/10

blink-182 - Anthem: Here we go. I can't rate any Enema of the State songs below a 9; that album is perfection. 9/10

The Wonder Years - My Last Semester: I have tons of artists in this shuffle, but I'm getting a lot of repeats. This song is better than the other one that came up. 8.5/10

Midtown - Perfect: I like Cobra Starship; some of their songs are catchy. But then when I listen to Midtown, I realize how much better they were. 9.5/10

blink-182 - Fentoozler: I have a lot of blink but I was not expecting them to come up this many times in my shuffle. Geez. One of my favorite songs on Cheshire Cat. 9/10

Yellowcard - The Takedown: Paper Walls is such a solid album; this song represents it well. 9.5/10

Overall grade: 80% / B

No comments:

Post a Comment