Monday, August 1, 2011

Band of the month: Fall Out Boy

How I first got into them: They opened for Less Than Jake and Yellowcard at the Quest in Minneapolis, MN in fall of 2003. The people I had met at the show had mentioned their song "Grand Theft Autumn" and how Joe (far left) spun his guitar around and that they were really fun to watch live. They were right! After that show, I picked up their album Take This To Your Grave and I was hooked.

How they rank: I would say they are my 2nd favorite pop punk band of all time, after blink, of course. I love Pete's songwriting and Patrick's voice. They were amazing. I'm sad they are no longer together, but they gave us 4 albums of amazing music, so I can't complain.

Favorite show: Fall 2005, St. Paul, MN with Panic At The Disco and Motion City Soundtrack. I met Pete before the show, I was in the front row on Pete's side, and I got one of his bass picks. The openers were rock solid, too. It was a pretty perfect night.

First show: Fall 2003, Minneapolis, MN with Less Than Jake and Yellowcard

Last show: Fall 2009, Milwaukee, WI with Panic at the Disco and blink-182

How many times I've seen them live: 9

Favorite album: This is pretty hard, because my preference changes depending on my mood. I do not dislike ANY of their albums, but I would have to say their first (major) album, Take This To Your Grave, is my favorite. Although most fans were not huge fans of it, I also liked their last album, Folie A Deux, a lot.

Favorite songs on each album
Take This To Your Grave: The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes, Dead On Arrival
From Under The Cork Tree: I've Got A Dark Alley, Get Bush Living
Infinity On High: Bang The Doldrums, Hum Hallelujah
Folie A Deux: What A Catch Donnie, Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown

No comments:

Post a Comment