Saturday, August 6, 2011

15 Song Shuffle

Today's theme: Country

Rascal Flatts - Holes: Sweet song, I guess. I just don't dig too many slower country songs. 6/10

Tim McGraw - I Do But I Don't: Another slow one. Meh. 6/10

Brad Paisley - Eastwood: It's like my favorite song on the entire album, and it's an instrumental. I tend to like his instrumentals, but still. This album does not add up to what he's capable of, in my opinion. 8/10

Brad Paisley - Mr. Policeman: Here we go. One of my favorite songs of his. The Brad I know and love. 10/10

Johnny Cash - Where The Soul of Man Never Dies: A slow song, but it's Johnny. He can do no wrong. 8/10

Brad Paisley - Remind Me: Another song from Brad's newest album that was sadly underwhelming. It's a sweet song, one of his better on this album I suppose. 8/10

Johnny Cash - As Long As The Grass Shall Grow: I absolutely love songs with just his voice and a gentle acoustic guitar. It's pretty close to perfection. I love the duets with June so much, and this is one of those. 8.5/10

Dierks Bentley - Good Man Like Me: I do not listen to him enough. Whenever I do I realize how much I like him. This song is great. 9.5/10

Sugarland - Very Last Country Song: Sometimes Jennifer's voice annoys me, sometimes it doesn't. I think it annoys me more in faster ones. This is a slower song. I like the lyrics though. 8.5/10

Johnny Cash - Jackson: This song makes me think of the movie Walk The Line, and if that is really how Johnny proposed to June, that makes this song absolute perfection. It was already pretty great prior to knowing this. 10/10

Keith Urban - Just Some Love: Old Keith Urban can't be topped. Well, he can - but these first few albums are so good. This makes me want to play The Ranch in its entirety later. 9.5/10

Josh Turner - Way Down South: His voice makes my heart melt like no other man can other than the King himself. Love this song. This also makes me want to listen to Josh Turner later today. 9.5/10

Tim McGraw - Good Girls: This is a song off of his new album, which I admit I have not listened to! This is a slower track, and it's decent. 7/10

Tim McGraw - Hard On The Ticker: This song makes me want to get up and do a slow square dance. This is from his 1997 album Everywhere. As is the case with most country artists I like, their earlier albums are better. The same is true for him! 8.5/10

Rascal Flatts - He Ain't The Leavin Kind: I have tons of country artists in my iTunes; I find it funny that only a few are represented in this shuffle. This song is slower and blah. 6.5/10

Overall grade: 82% / B-

No comments:

Post a Comment